How Do I Use Darshana Natural Hair Oil?
We get this question a lot, “How do I use Darshana Natural Hair Oil?” I want to answer your common concerns and hopefully it helps you. I have used various types of oils on my curly hair and I think Darshana Natural Indian Hair Oil is the best hair oil out there!
When we went to India and experienced the ancient ayurvedic oil treatment we were amazed at how powerful the oil treatment was, especially when it came to taming my curly hair. This article should help you use our hair oil and manage your frizz! YAY!
I personally use Darshana hair oil 3x a week, overnight (hair bun), as a pre-poo. However, depending on your hair type you can use it as a pre-poo, daily moisturizer, for styling, apply to split ends, as a natural heat protectant and so on.
Our customers use it in many different ways, it just depends on hair type, amount of hair oil you use/need, and personal preference. Since it’s natural feel free to experiment with the oil and how it works for your hair.
Here are the top 3 ways we see our customers use Darshana Natural Hair Oil:
- Apply Darshana Natural Hair Oil to your hair, focusing on the ends and dry or damaged areas.
- Leave it on for at least 30 minutes or you can leave it on overnight. This allows the oil to penetrate the hair shaft and provide maximum nourishment and protection.
- Shampoo out oil. You can follow up with a conditioner to further moisturize and detangle your hair.
- Style your hair as usual.
- I use it as a pre-poo both ways depending on how much time I have (30 minutes or overnight).
Daily leave in
- To use an oil as a daily leave-in treatment, start by washing and conditioning your hair as usual. Then, apply a small amount of oil to your damp hair, focusing on the mid-lengths and ends. You can also apply a small amount to your scalp if you have a dry or flaky scalp.
- Apply the oil to damp or dry hair and to distribute it evenly throughout the hair, focusing on the ends. It’s also important to avoid applying too much oil, as this can make the hair look greasy or weighed down.
- Using oil as a daily treatment can help moisturize your dry and frizzy hair.
- People apply it as a mild heat protectant before using a hair tool, such as a flat iron, curling iron, blow more dryer etc.
- Distribute the oil throughout your hair and use a wide-tooth comb to spread the oil evenly. Making sure that your strands are coated.
- When you use heat tools like flat irons, curling irons or hair dryers, your hair is exposed to high temperatures that can damage the hair cuticle and lead to breakage, split ends, and dryness.
Using a natural hair oil can provide numerous benefits for your hair, such as moisturizing, nourishing, and protecting it from environmental damage. When using hair oil, it’s important to choose the right oil for your concerns and to apply it properly. The ingredients in Darshana hair oil, such as coconut oil and sunflower seed oil are known for their moisturizing and strengthening properties, and can help nurture your hair from the inside out.
In the end, I hope this article addresses your concern. Just know that what works for one person may not work for another. If you’re not sure whether using oil is right for you, start experimenting, read reviews, research, consult with a hair care professional, or just listen to your hair and change/adjust your hair care routine as needed.
You can also check out our FAQ page that will help you on your hair care journey.
Love my Darshana oil! I keep it in overnight. Love the tips!
Thanks, Kelly! We are really happy to hear you love your Darshana hair oil. Thanks for letting us know how you use it. Take care.
Darius & Shana